We’ve been talking about the why and how for quite some time, but we now decided to go for it. We have setup our initiative CASA (Community Action Support Association) – Gambia with the five of us but have expanded to a much larger group with support in The Netherlands and beyond. Not only do we recognize that we should take up our development challenges ourselves – and not wait for the government to do it for us – we also like to put our education, experience and free time to work to make a difference.
The vision of CASA Gambia:
The quality of life of people in The Gambia will improve through sustainable socioeconomic development.
The main strategies for the operations of CASA-Gambia will include:
- Basic Education and retention program support
- Primary Health Care program support
- Income earning improvement program support
- Disaster response facilitation program support
- Natural Resources Production and Management improvement support
- Partnership approach
Contact Ebrima Jatta (Chairman) at firstname.lastname@example.org