In 2015, a group of young Gambians and friends from abroad committed to the development of The Gambian people – particularly the deprived – decided to register a charitable organization.
The organization is registered in The Gambia as a local organization and in the Netherlands as an international charitable organization. Our group is motivated by the concerns of poverty: low income, low literacy, poor health and environmental degradation.
The founders are committed to work with the poor through an established charitable association to be called: CASA-Gambia (Community Action Support Association -Gambia). The Association shall always be in recognition of a beneficiary action as evidence of interest and feeling. CASA-Gambia is a non-governmental organisation; a non-political, non-religious and a non-profit making charitable association with the main thrust of poverty alleviation.
CASA-Gambia will do that by improving:
- Basic Education and retention programme support
- Primary Health Care programme support
- Income earning improvement programme support
- Disaster response facilitation programme support
- Natural Resources Production and Management improvement support
- Partnership approach